TO BECOME A SOLEMATE
Upcoming SoleMate Events:
May 21st GOTR Hampton Roads Celebration 5K - Raise $250
Oct 8th Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon - Raise $500
What is SoleMates?
SoleMates is the charity fundraising “leg” of Girls on the Run and uses the power of running to make a difference for our girls. Teams or individuals (men and women) pursue individual goals while raising funds to impact local girls while training for a race! If you like running in 5Ks or Half Marathons, now is a great time to become involved. Funds raised support our Scholarship Fund for girls in Hampton Roads. Athletes can participate in ANY event to support Girls on the Run or in one of our two organized events mentioned below.
Your personal goals, like running a 5k, half, or full marathon, can help thousands of young girls live their own dreams. Be a Girls on the Run SoleMate and raise money for the Hampton Roads Girls on the Run Council.
This year, the training plan we will be providing is from GOTRI and is designed by Jenny Hadfield, an accomplished endurance athlete and co-owner of Chicago Endurance Sports, Chicago's largest multi-sport training company. The group runs will motivate SoleMates to stay on track with the training plans and to meet their goals.
Girls on the Run Hampton Roads Celebration 5K on May 21st
Pledge to Raise $250.
* Invitation to the April 25th Exclusive SoleMate Launch Party
* Welcome Packet and Fundraising Toolkit
* Personalized webpage for crowd source fundraising
* Personalized training program designed for your fitness level
* Access to private SoleMates tent at May 21st GOTR Celebration 5K
* Access to private Facebook member group page
* GOTR Water Bottle
* Official SoleMates technical shirt
* Superhero satin cape presented by WAVY 10
* Free entry in GOTR Celebration 5K
* $25 Registration Fee for the GOTR 5K counts towards your $250
* Special Finisher Medal at GOTR Celebration 5K
Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon on Oct 8th
Pledge to Raise $500.
Benefits Include: All of the above PLUS:
* $40 Registration fee counts towards $500 pledge goal
* Free Entry into J&A Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon
* Free Raffle Ticket for chance to win $100 LuLuLemon giftcard
* Personal encouragement from Erin Highton, SoleMates Director
* Weekend Meet-ups for group training runs (dates TBD)
* Gatorade, protein supplements, bananas and water at group runs
* SoleMates technical hat
* Thirty-One gym bag
* Piece of original artwork from a local GOTR girl
* Free samples and coupons from our sponsors
For questions regarding SoleMates, contact Erin Highton at erin @gotrshr.org or call 757-563-4854.